Friday, February 14, 2020

5 thing Friday - work, oatmeal, plant babies, parking, eyesight

The sunset view from a stairwell at work:
Working late on Tuesday was not as big of a chore as I thought it would be.  {My energy level is holding steady in my old age!}  I got everything done that I needed to do and got plenty of rest.  It wasn't ideal, but it got done. 
The Oatmeal Chronicles:  whole oats with a chopped apple or banana, some walnuts or pecans, and a sprinkling of candied ginger or baking spices.  Sometimes I go wild and add a splash of half and half!  Blerg...I do not love oatmeal, but I have to improve my cholesterol and my BP.  Still drinking coffee black.  Still eating loads of veggies and very little red meat.
That's not to say I don't falter now and again.  Onion rings are my kryptonite.  Once every couple of months won't kill me!
 I repotted my $1 poinsettia and it is still hanging on.
 You would think this window would be ideal for my indoor plant babies but they don't seem to be thriving.  Maybe some plant food would help.
 This is the view from the (rainy) parking lot at work.  Gradually, the lot is being emptied out - people are being reassigned to off-site parking in prep for building a new medical office building that will go right here.  Parking is already terrible so its about to be 1000 times worse.  Even on fair weather days it will be a pain in the neck - add to that rainy Spring weather.
The saga of mother's eye surgery continues.  This last graft seems to be healing better.  We have a follow up in a couple of weeks and she is hopeful that her eyesight will be good enough to allow her to get her driver's license renewed.  Even with good eyesight, its time we got busy on moving her closer to us so that the driving will not be as much of an issue.  I am also concerned about her living conditions (borderline filthy) and her nutrition (borderline deficient). Looks like 2020 is going to continue bringing lots of change...
OH!  Happy Valentine's Day!


Gina

No comments: