Wednesday, January 1, 2020

What New Year's looks like to me...

I invited all of the "kids" to come to our house for pizza and martini's last night...only two showed and those were the two currently staying with us...oh well.  I don't begrudge grown peeps having fun while they can.  But maybe in the coming year I will task them with remembering their manners and let us know they aren't coming.  Annnyhooo...
Yes we had pizza and martinis and both were delightful.  Yes, The Girl had plans to meet up with friends later in the evening and Bubbie was back being a hermit in his room.  Yes, Hubby was in front of the TV and I was at the computer paying bills and typing a blog post and checking email. (some things don't really change just because its a new year!)  And yes, there is a turkey that I need to roast first thing this morning before I fix our New Year's feast.  And later I will take down all of Christmas and move forward into January!
I have high hopes for 2020 as I do most years, but I am fairly practical about it.  I hope to affect change in my life without losing my mind.  I want to focus on my health and well-being.  I want to make headway on a couple of big projects at Camp Rustown.  And I want, more that anything, to feel happy and content.
So.
I have a lot of words to put in that book of Opportunity.
Happy New Year, ya'll.  Go get started on your book.


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that quote...Happy New Year!!