Friday, January 24, 2020

5 thing Friday - Teddy, paint plans, cheat food, my space, beer

I saw this tee at Target and I may get it for myself for when Teddy is back in Houston:
I will miss having him around, as I usually do when he leaves.  Its nice to have him greet you at the baby gate with tail wagging, following you around the house, giving you dog smooches.
 He's been a sweet house guest, as usual.  The Girl will be back at the end of February and I am taking some much needed time off from work to paint the house with her help!  I've been noticing that several walls in the house need touching up, and since its been a while (and the paint is too old to use for touch ups anymore) we're going to just basically "start over".  Instead of this French vanilla color we will go with creamy white.  And while I'm at it, I will spiff up the baseboards, too.
I really really really am eating healthier during the week.  LOTS of fresh veg and fruit, no coffee creamer, no red meat, more fish, oatmeal for breakfast...but the cheat meals on Saturday give me much to look forward to.  And the wine with them never hurts.
My bulletin board above my desk
With my new computer, and the Lounge cleaned up post-Christmas, my desk once again feels like a  place I can get stuff done.  Hubby and I have a plan to visit a new winery for me to write about this weekend and I have a nice place to sit and do that.  {The second half of the bulletin board that does not have artsy fartsy stuff has lists, and calendars, and notes to myself.  A bit of creative mixed in with my work.}
This brewery finally opened!  We met the owner months ago and he was so frustrated with City of Austin red tape and delays.  He's a nice guy, though, and his beer is pretty decent and we love the taproom with its wide open spaces.  They also have a Japanese food truck we would love to try.  
Maybe on Sunday?


Gina

No comments: