Friday, January 17, 2020

5 thing Friday - thrifting, old times, spices, crafting, beer

I've been busy trying to set up my new computer - transferring all of the files..adjusting and tweaking the settings, clearing old stuff out.  I remember hating that last time, too.  Which is probably why I waited so long to get the new one.  But I think I'm almost done.
 I took a break from my desk and did some thrifting at Hope Family Thrift Store, where I found some faux  ivy greenery {I don't care if its an outdated decor trend, I like it}, some books {The Canterbury Tales!} and a burlap banner for the mantel {cheaper and easier than making my own}. 
A former co-worker sent me this - me pretending to light a fake fireplace at work.  Good times.  I have been struggling with not feeling happy at work.  I remember having fun with co-workers and it kind of makes it worse.
Hubby bought me this spice cabinet organizer thing and The Girl helped me set it up.  No more spices falling off the lazy Susan and ending up in the back of the cabinet where I have to remove everything to retrieve them!  I also added a small basket for packages of salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, etc.  Its adjustable and we kept all of the extra pieces for us to move it to Highlands someday.
 I didn't make as many homemades as I would have liked to this year.  I just couldn't seem to get finished on them.  It was, after all, a very short month from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I did finish this cross stitch and maybe I will give it to my mother.  I'm always thinking of her when I hear this phrase as she seems to have misplaced her thought filter...
Took Hubby for a beer last Sunday after he came to a stopping point on the barn build-out.  I enjoyed a spiced saison that was wonderful.  Tasted like the holidays on tap! 
He had something a little more high-powered and one was all it took...  Afterwards, we headed home to enjoy pan fried trout and some brussels sprouts for dinner.  Are we not the most exciting folks you ever met?  Ha! 
Onward to the weekend,


Gina

No comments: