Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer bucket list

I didn't have a Wednesday post - too much going on work-wise and home-wise, I guess.  And I also realized that I never made a bucket list of things to do this summer.  One of those was to make refrigerator pickles!  When I visited my mother last Friday she gave me some cucumbers and tiny onions from her garden.  I made pickles using only what I had on hand: cider vinegar, kosher salt, a little sugar, fresh garlic, peppercorns, a bay leaf, and some dried dill.  I felt pretty darn thrifty and used up some things I now need to replace.  All good.
And to move forward into summer, here is a list of things I would like to do before summer "kicks the bucket":
*make time to read daily
*start up walking again (this will have to happen in the mornings)
*dinner and a movie at Alamo Drafthouse
*see a concert 
*help Bubbie get ready to leave for college (we are planning on spiffing up his room, too)
*take a vacay, even a mini one, somewhere, ANYWHERE
*take a random day off of work here and there and thrift shop
*set up a sewing area do some sewing
*get started on the kitchen spiff by hiring someone to cover the wallpaper with textured wall
*meet up with my friend Carol for a girl's day
*visit The Girl in Houston
*get an Adirondack chair for the backyard and sit back there with a magazine or glass of wine!
******
None of these things are earth-shattering, but the main thing about them is that they don't involve chores and daily lists of things that HAVE to get done - rather, things I WANT to get done.  And since tomorrow is the official first day of summer...

 
Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ok, it's the first day of summer. I really need to make a list already!!