Friday, June 28, 2019

5 thing Friday - comforter, dinner, sunflowers, plant babies, breakfast

A few weeks ago I bought a comforter and shams from Pottery Barn on a great sale:
Its called Medallion, I think.  Reversible, with shades of dark grey on creamy white which is perfect for our bedroom.
I don't know why exactly, but coming home to the bedroom all neat and pretty helps me relax in the evenings.  Its a cozy and comforting space to me. I spritz it with some lavendar room spray and close the doors every day before I leave.
I've been cooking or prepping dinner first thing in the mornings and leaving it in a specific place for Hubby and Bubbie to find and either cook or heat up.  Saves us from using the oven most nights and ensures that all of us get a good meal, even in the summer.  Not that we don't still have sandwich or salad nights - those are quite nice, too.
 I dug around in my stash and found some sunflowers from a summer past.  It was just the thing for the basket tray on the back patio.  Add some citronella incense or votives and we are all set to play cards and enjoy a glass of wine out there.  Tho the rain we've been having means the mosquitos are in full force! {there is a can of Off! back there, too...}
 My cute little button fern decided to die for no good reason.  So I bought this replacement and went on living my life.  I do love the look of plants in terra cotta pots!
 
The ones I grouped out back are doing very well.  Its shady here, but they do get a bit of sun daily, and they are getting watered plenty.
That little cage thingy is a pricey photoelectric landscape light.  The top of it never worked, so I unscrewed it, bought a cheapie one at HEB, and placed its top on this one.  Works great now and is very pretty in this little nook at night.
No more hot oatmeal for me in the mornings - I just can't do it in the summer.  I've been enjoying granola with a banana, a few nuts, maybe some dates or raisins, and low fat milk twice a week.  If I have a cheese snack at work it helps me stay out of the candy jar until lunchtime around 2:30!



 

No comments: