Friday, June 21, 2019

5 thing Friday - photo gifts, donuts, taratula, beer, Father's Day

I pilfered some photos off of Dutch's Facebook page to make some freebies from a certain photo gift company.  Basically all I pay for is the shipping, and it worked out to about $9 a gift.  She took these in South Padre, Texas:


I used these and a couple more to make her a tote bag, plus I ordered some playing cards with a pretty pic from Highlands, and I made The Girl a photo ornament with pictures of Teddy.  All going into my Christmas gifts stash.
Before we finished up on mowing at Highlands last weekend we stopped at a favorite donut place in Bertram for sausage kolaches and apple fritters.  Weekend treats!  During the week we are eating much healthier, scout's honor!
One of our beer glasses got broken at STW, so I ordered a new decal for its replacement.  We stopped by and had a beer with our take-out lunch.  We have renewed our membership, but we are not hanging out there as much as we did last summer - we've been finding new places to go.  Once I get my new playing cards, I will leave them at a brewery on the games shelf for everyone to play with!
A Texas Brown Tarantula at Highlands.  We think it may have gotten accidentally poisoned when we bug-bombed the barn.  That, or it just molted and was resting.  It is a non-aggressive spider, but having it so close to living quarters is a no-go.  We moved it over to the gravel so it could make its escape, but it hung out there until we left.  Hopefully it survived.
On Father's Day, we found a new-to-us BBQ restaurant in Austin, suggested by my sister and brother-in-law.   It was delish (jalapeno coleslaw, pork ribs, brisket, pulled pork...yuuuuum) and we will definitely be back.  They had a cooler at the front door offering complimentary cans of Lone Star while you waited in line.  And right as Hubby made it to the counter and placed his order, they placed a sign on the door that they were running out of BBQ! 
We went home briefly so I could prep Sunday family dinner, then headed over to Flying Man Brewing Co. We had a couple of cold beers under the most gigantic ceiling fan we have ever seen!  Several people were ordering from their food menu and it all looked amazing -we will definitely go back.
Beer in the summer is a good thing.
The Girl bought Hubby some new Hawaiian shirts for Father's Day - now if I could only get him to part with some of the old ones he doesn't wear anymore!  I'm on call this weekend so its the perfect chance for a closet clean-out...



1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I guess is says a lot about me when the only thing I took away from this post was, ummm, apple fritters. :-)