Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Easter plans and a craft!

Seems like anymore I have just a few minutes here and there for crafting - not hours like I used to.  I sure miss those days!  But I had a simple crafty thing in mind for the mantle to celebrate Easter and Spring.  Hubby helped one of the boys make this simple tool caddy when they were in Cub Scouts.  {they didn't put their name on it, but I suspect it was Scout}  I used it years ago to hold Fall greenery, hence the green burlap.  Its been living in the garage for a while!
I gathered up some empty jars, Dollar Tree blooms and moss, and some floral foam.  I wrapped a bit of moss around tallish chunks of foam, stuck the blooms in...and that was pretty much it.  I had two small scraps of natural burlap left, and I just tied those into a small hole in the caddy with florist wire.
 Then I admired it while I cleaned up my mess...
 I think it looks cute on the mantle - not too rustic, definitely not glam, and for $4 it will brighten up the den.
 
 I made this banner a couple of years ago with scrap fabrics and I still love it.
It can stay up through Spring at which point I may make a new one...if time allows.
The bunnies were in one of Easter baskets from my mother, years ago.
"Pssst - Easter will be here before you know it!  Better get a menu made out!"



No comments: