Friday, April 26, 2019

5 thing Friday - DNA, lists, blackberry vines, Flat Stanley, Georgetown Winery

Hubby bought us DNA tests for Christmas and while the results weren't all that exciting for me, they were interesting.  Since I only have one parent (mother) left and I would love to know where all that Scottish/Irish/Welsh (not to mention Central American) comes from I asked her if we could test her.
She said yes.  So I ordered a kit and took it up to Brenham on Good Friday to add it to our To-Do list.
I also filled out a refrigerator card that lists all of her pertinent info and doctor's numbers and sent photos of it to my sisters.  We got everything on the list done, plus we ate delish sammies and chips, and even worked in the yard a bit.  Afterwards we enjoyed some ice cream and I was on my way.  I think it wore her out, but in a good way.
(She's not crying here - she has allergies!)  We admired the berry vines that we transplanted last month.  It was a monster task but apparently they love their new home.
I would so make my own blackberry wine with them, but I'm sure she will eat them as jam or over ice cream.
When I cleaned out her truck, looking for the spare set of keys she misplaced, I didn't find them but I did find Flat Stanley.  If you have little kiddoes, you probably already know the story.  This rode around in her truck for THIRTEEN YEARS.  Bubbie made it in kindergarten and mailed it to her.  She was supposed to mail it back.  So now he lives on her refrigerator.  (:
Hubby and I visited Georgetown Winery on Saturday afternoon.  They are the same owners of Thirsty Mule Winery in Liberty Hill, but we found we actually like the wine here better than there.
 They had cute signs.
We enjoyed a cab blend while we listened to live acoustic music.  It was a cute place, the people were friendly, and we had fun.   I loved the square in Georgetown and I can't believe we've never been there before - I even have two sisters who live in Georgetown.  I would love to explore all of the shops and eat at one of the restaurants.  I see another field trip there in our immediate future!



No comments: