Friday, April 12, 2019

5 thing Friday - tacos, groceries, squirrel, gardening, bluebonnets

One day last week - I think it was the day I raked up 10 bags of leaves in the front - I took myself to Torchy's for lunch.
I like tacos A LOT and I'm not going to say this is my favorite place for them (because in Austin you can get great tacos at so many places) but their barbacoa taco (the Democrat) was amazing!  However, it was on the pricey side for lunch, so its something I don't do too often.
Even with careful meal planning and list making I still end up at the grocery store one extra time per week.  There are only 3 of us at home.  Where does all the food go?
 A stealth ninja squirrel on the stairwell wall at the hospital.
 I managed to kill the potted plants I had in the garage.  We won't go into the grisly details.  But I bought a few more to replant in my terra cotta pots - photo to come soon.
Yellow lantana - I went to several places to find it!  I love it because its deer resistant, doesn't mind drought, and attracts butterflies and bees.  Plus, you just cannot kill it. Here it sits in a laundry basket by the garage, waiting to be planted.
One of the treasures we found at Highlands was this cast iron pot thingy that I filled with potting soil and lantana and set by the pumphouse. Previously it had a tree growing out of it!  I think its much prettier now.  We also planted some underneath the Highlands sign and I will post that pic when I get it going strong.
 Baby blue 'bonnets!  I have never seen this pale shade.  I also found an all white one:
The hill at Highlands is covered, but the clouds are out and there's rain every weekend.  So my bluebonnet pics are rather gloomy.
But the whole place smells beautiful!


 

No comments: