Friday, April 5, 2019

Getting started

According to Hubby, I am obsessing over the landscaping and yard issues at our house.
In my defense, it was not I who turned off the sprinkler system, then neglected to turn it back on in the summer months!  There were a couple of pop-up heads that weren't working and instead of focusing on getting them fixed, we frittered the summer away enjoying life up at Highlands on the weekends.  Which meant there was zero time to work on it otherwise.
In the winter I basically gave up working on it.  So now it's Spring and goof off time is over.  Wednesday morning I spent one hour working hard on raking the front yard and bagging up leaves - 10 bags worth if you count the small green dumpster. {Let's not discuss the van that has been parked there along the street for well over a year...}
Clean slate.
Now it's time to get started on creating what I want for this yard.  The short list includes a larger bed under the oak, grass, and completion of the rest of the landscaping in the front beds, including mulching it.  So this weekend, we are hauling up some leftover green edging that we have up at Highlands and next week I will enlarge that bed.  Then buy some sort of filler for it so the wandering jew can fill out.  Then top dress the lawn in advance of either planting seed or sod.
Gotta get started!


2 comments:

bj said...

Yard work !!! I like some of it...other parts, I don't. If it makes me sweat, I don't like it...lol
Looks like your flower bed under the tree is in deep shade...what flowering plants do you use..?

Gina said...

BJ, it's Wandering Jew - it loves it there.