Friday, February 8, 2019

5 thing Friday - cling free window, brewpub, lounger for two, lunch, the view

I'm sure that somewhere in my blog there is a pic of when I put that stained glass looking window cling on a couple of windows in the front room - Including the small one at the top of the front door.  It had to be about 9 years ago.
 But I can't find it...so here is what it looks like now, without the window cling.It was starting to look yellowy and I realized that I basically hated it.  So down it came.  So much better.  Its weird how I looked at it every day and then one day in particular I thought, "Oh.  I hate that."
I cleaned up both sides of that window then I put a candle and some greenery up there.  When I decorate for Spring, I will change it up.  So much more light in this area now!
Hubby and I met up at a new brewpub last Friday after work - Brewtorium.  We split a burger and a thin crust pizza and it was wonderful.  The place was packed and yet still Hubby managed to recognize someone...an old acquaintance from Scouting days.
For Christmas, Scout and Dutch purchased us this lounger built for two!  It now has a home at Highlands under a couple of trees and makes a great place to nap.
An al fresco lunch of turkey breast from a turkey I roasted up a couple of weekends ago, a sliced poblano, a red bell pepper, some fresh garlic, and two frozen twice baked potatoes.  {Followed by a nap in the aformentioned lounger...}
The "before" picture of a clump of little oak trees we are going to slash down, with several dumpcart loads of bark we are going to dispose of in the burn barrel.  After all is said and done, this view should greatly improve!



No comments: