Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A favorite meal - fish tacos

Every now and again I switch up the order of my menus - I felt like having the fish tacos last night, instead of Friday, for example.  This is a favorite meal at our house - only Bubbie will not eat fish and I usually throw a few chicken strips for him to make tacos with instead.  There's really no recipe to this.  Heat some vegetable oil in a non stick skillet while you coat some tilapia filets with seasoned cornmeal.  Fry them up until lightly browned, then build your taco!
Last night we had a cilantro/purple onion mix, fresh lime, sliced avocado, shredded monterrey jack cheese, and fresh flour tortillas.  {we love the ones from Central Market}  The toppings change depending on what I have on hand or feel like prepping.  I also cooked a small pot of rice using green chile salsa in place of some of the water, and adding in some garlic, salt, and pepper as well as a handful of frozen corn.  A fast and fresh meal that really fills us up and soooo good!


No comments: