Friday, February 22, 2019

5 thing Friday - party, wine sipping, snacks, roses, Uuni

Last Friday I helped organize a pop-up going away party for a co-worker who was leaving.
Seventeen years of loyalty and hard work, and the boss wasn't going to acknowledge it.  There's something wrong with that.  I made her a chocolate cherry cake, bought some pretty napkins and flowers, and took a tablecloth in.  The supervisor took up a small collection and reimbursed me - but I would have done it anyway.  I hate losing friends at work.
Hubby and I visited two places last weekend that we hadn't been to in a while.  Fist was The Grove in Cedar Park. Isn't this wine bottle filled structure COOL?  We enjoyed a plate of crispy brussels sprouts with our tempranillo tasting. 
Then on Sunday we went to Bell Springs.  No wine club thing going on, no tour bus, no "bride tribe" - and perfect weather.
 We always enjoyed their wines and its such a nice place to kick back. Plus, they had live music waaay up there on the deck.
 We brought along some healthy snacks so we wouldn't be tempted by the food truck.  I think Hubby is doing a far better job with his healthy eating change than I am - yesterday I ate a Twix.  Sigh. 
I hope you enjoyed your five minutes of winter in Central Texas.  All the things think it is spring. Time to get started making my plans for various gardening activities, both at Camp Rustown and at Highlands.  Isn't this giant wall of roses pretty?  I had no idea rose bushes could get this big - it was towering over our heads. {this is in downtown Dripping Springs}
Hubby's new play toy is a portable pizza oven.  We plan to use it at Highlands this weekend.  Whole wheat crust, please!  Hold the pepperoni. And there is also a pick-up party at Torr Na Lochs - fun!  Can you believe February is almost over?  The Girl will be here to pick up Teddy next weekend!



1 comment:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Well hubby's new toy looks interesting!! It was nice to see green grass and flowering trees in your photos - we wont see that for quite a while!