Friday, December 21, 2018

5 thing Friday - new friends, old friends, downtown, comfort, Subie

This past year has seen some big changes for me at work...well, I guess its been more than 365 days that things started changing.  And I really didn't see that it was going in a positive direction.  It just seemed sadder and I felt very down.
 But time has a way of smoothing out some rough edges, and I am enjoying working with my evening peeps.  They are young and fun and we all get along, and really - what more could I ask for?
At the TNL pick-up party on Saturday we ran into an old college friend and her daughter.  (the lady in the foreground with glasses and the lady right next to her) 
I wasn't drunk, promise.  We hung out with them for a couple of hours and had a very lovely time.  And next time there is a pick-up we will make sure that we do that again!
Later that afternoon we caught a Metrorail train to downtown Austin for Hubby's office party.

 I was surprised at how fast and efficient it was - we were downtown in no time.  We had a short walk to Congress Avenue and saw the sights - the first Austin fire station, a few bars and restaurants, some homeless folk.  Very entertaining...
 
  We had a very nice dinner and drinks at Roaring Fork, and a show at The Paramount.  It was a great evening!
We hopped back on the train just after 11, Firstborn picked us up at the station, and we were home before midnight.  Pooped.
Most nights I have been enjoying either hot chocolate or tea while I read a bit.  Its a nice way to relax.  We've been super busy at work and the Christmas machine has been cranking at home.  Mama needs to wind down for everyone's safety.
I took Monday off and got my oil changed, among other things.  Now my passenger seat belt is alarming, reminding my non-existent passenger to buckle up...hopefully it will resolve and if not, I guess its off to the Subaru dealer I go.



1 comment:

bj said...

It's always fun to spend a little time with an old friend....
I love your hair.....