Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And, yes...I do feed him

I remember childhood before puberty hit - I looked a lot like this:
If he were to turn around, you could probably count his vertebrae.  No kidding.
But, I promise you, he eats.  And I cook all the time.  And he does move his large muscles daily - swimming, running around the neighborhood, bike riding...he was just blessed to be small.  Actually, he looks like his dad did at this age, too.  And by the end of the summer, he will be so tan, you'll think he's another kid entirely.

Does he just love veggies and fat free foods?  No.  This is just the size he is at this time in his life, as God intended him to be.  Every now and then he will eat a really big meal and that makes my heart glad.  But it doesn't necessarily make me sad that my little one is still on the small side. 
After all, he's healthy, and what else could I wish for?

 

No comments: