Thursday, March 11, 2010

Colorful changes here and there

Bedroom spiffin' finished! - for now.  I actually remembered to grab my $5 off coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond before hitting the door to look for a few things.  Found a $40 bed skirt marked down to $10, which made it $5 after the coupon!!  Yeah, go me!
I really love green and it pulls in the green from those pillowcases:
These are the pre-printed ones you buy at crafts stores - a very easy project.
I was going for cream or white on the dustruffle but I think the green looks colorful and pretty.  It looks nice with burgundy in this room.
I also found some green and burgundy grosgrain to gussy up a couple of portraits and  wall decor.
I have a bunch leftover to make a tassel with, to hang from the reading lamp.
I'm really happy with the changes here and there.  It's not a decorator room,  but it's our room.  And sometimes a few changes here and there can inspire me to make other improvements.  Now, I want to find some nice black and white fabric to re-upholster the chairs...but as I say...tomorrow is another day...



No comments: