Friday, March 12, 2010

What a deal, what a steal

This is the last post about the front room.  Really.  I mean it.  Even I am tired of looking at my front room.  I'm focusing more on the yard today, getting it all raked, weeded, fertilized.  And The Girl and I are eating lunch from Taco Cabana.  And I need to get the house cleaned up, and...sorry, I got distracted.
Remember the ugly curtains?
They started out pretty.  A nice copper color in faux silk.  But I hated that valance in the middle (why did I do that?),  the blinds were beyond filthy, and the curtain color managed to clash with the sofa re-do.  I can't have that.  I took them down and put up new cordless shades.  Loved them!
Cleaner, prettier, nice not to have the dirty cords dangling there.  I lowered the middle rod and  left the rest up, not knowing if I wanted to put curtains up again.  I feel so inadequate putting up curtains! Why? It always seems so simple, but never is...but, toodling around Wally World yesterday I found these.  Verona Sheer panels. The website  photo doesn't do them justice - you can see a faint swirly design of sand on beige.  They match the room perfectly and were $7 apiece!
My photography is not great - sorry.  But the curtains give a very soft touch to the room and let lots of light still filter in. I still could use suggestions about what else needs to be done - a rug, maybe? 
Not a coffee table - we love the open space.
Apparently, so does Sugar.  


2 comments:

Rebekah said...

You know what would be great above the couch? 3 artist's canvases covered in a coordinating fabric. I love the change you made with the windows! So much softer.

Rustown Mom said...

You're the second person to mention that - might have to give it a go!