Thursday, March 25, 2010

My new love...

Years ago...in fact the night before we got married, I enjoyed Chicken Picatta at Green Pastures.  It was the dinner following the rehearsal for our wedding.  Mark's mother, Marie, basically sent me the menu, asked me to pick out the entree I liked, then she did the rest of the work!  It was such a beautiful place and a great evening, too.  My oldest brother was there, Mark's sister and family, his aunts, my maid of honor,  Melissa.  Marie decorated the table with tiny glass bud holders with votives
lined up the length of the table.
Toasts were made.
Laughter and conversation flowed.
And we were treated to this:
And I barely remember it because I was sooo nervous~!  
It's been almost 25 years since that evening at a very beautiful restaurant with family surrounding us just before we took the plunge.  But tonight, I felt brave and made this recipe .
And I have to say...it was so delicious.  I wish I had been paying attention to it long ago.  The sauce was velvety-lemony, with capers.  I don't even remember the capers.  They are amazing!  Like olives only tinier.  And better!  And the fresh parseley.  Nothing else compares. I added a small amount of flour to the sauce to thicken it up and served it over buttery rice.  I am still happy and it's been a couple hours since dinner! 


This post linked to this fun blog:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful-yummy looking
dish! I am glad you could enjoy it
this time.
:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by the party! What a beautiful and yummy dish!

Connie said...

I love capers! They can enhance a dish so well!

Stopping by from the Tuesday Taste Party!

MrsJenB said...

Oh gosh. See? Another citrusy love of mine. Seriously, whenever I see chicken piccata on a menu I absolutely need to have it. This looks amazing and I'm gonna give it a try as soon as possible! Thank you so much for the recipe!