Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy 80th Birthday, Mom!

I visited my mother in Brenham yesterday to celebrate her 80th birthday, and even though I was still recovering from a bout of food sickness (mental note: skip the Chinese soup next time!) we had a nice visit.  We didn't go anywhere, just hung out around the house; she ran a couple of loads of laundry and hung them while I snapped pics in the yard.  She refuses to use her dryer, but it was so pretty outside, and I think it's good for her to be outside.


 

 

 

 

It was a really beautiful morning. We ate a lunch of meatloaf, mac-n-cheese, and broccoli from Central Market, looked at her new quilt projects, even cleaned out a few old clothes she needed to get rid of.  I wish I could spend a whole day there, helping her clean and organize things.



My mother's home is full of lovely things, both indoors and out, and in the yard, and all around her, trees are blooming and plants are budding.  And it's almost time for her to get started on her Spring garden in earnest.


Even the bees and ladybugs are ready to get to work.
I hope my mother has many more planting seasons to come.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures of your visit with your mother. Very heartwarming.
(her dog is c-u-t-e). I love hanging clothes out on a clothesline.
Nice :)

Rustown Mom said...

Thanks! The dog is a terror, but he is good company for her!