Friday, March 26, 2010

Out of gas...

That's what I am.
Maybe I got a little carried away this week.
But, I think it's therapeutic to stay busy and creative. But I also love a clean home. 
With home cooked dinner every night. 
I'll still get up in the mornings to make sure the boys get breakfast.  I'll make lunches for them and hubby, and an extra pot of coffee so hubby will be able to fill his travel mug before he leaves.  I want the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, the trash and recyclables taken out, my bed made and room straightened.  
The bathroom tidy-ed up. 
The chores are important for they make order from chaos, and it can sometimes feel chaotic here...I don't know why women think they can't have all that.  Why not have both?  On the same day, even? And still sit and have dinner with family?  And visit the library?  And watch a movie?
And go to Sonic for a "happy hour" soda?
As for our summer schedule - we will definitely pack a lot into those days...but we will still have a clean house, clean laundry, and good meals - I guarantee it.
So, yes I get tired, but a good kind of tired.  I do my best to create a clean, pretty nest for all my chickies, (and for their parents, too!)  And I can focus on the weekend at work, knowing that,
at home,
all is in order.



2 comments:

Marie said...

Your family is blessed to have
such a great mom who really cares
and makes the most of each moment!
:)

Gina said...

Thanks, Marie! I will read this when I feel like I'm falling down on the job a little (: