Friday, July 25, 2014

5 thing Friday - mire poix, beans, mini blinds, campers, feets

I spent time the week that Bubbie and Hubby were camping getting a few things done.  It was not exactly exciting, but among other things I...
 cleaned out the veggie drawer in the fridge, making a batch of mire poix to freeze,
 shopped the clearance aisles at Tarjay where I found an assortment of beans and jasmine rice (!) marked down half price,
 took Scout over to Firstborn's apartment to help me hang new mini blinds...
  ...which is where I found this candelabra in mint condition sitting by the dumpster  (Scout was appalled).  I haven't decided where to put it.  I just thought it was purty.,
 Sunday arrived and we picked the boys up from camp at the drop-off point at church.  It was a leetle warm outside and they were very ripe.  So was their laundry.
 
Ten points if you can spot Hubby wearing a red,white, and blue doo rag.  And Bubbie, distancing himself...
My Chacos are feeling tight lately - the heat causes my feet to swell and my toes to cramp.  I think I just need to drink more water...





1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love when I find deals at the store. As for the candles, Tell your son I would of done the same thing. They will look great no matter where you put them.