Monday, July 29, 2024

Monday menus #82

 The "evil eye" is not intended to be evil at all - its a talisman to ward off negative energies and curses (nazar).  So in that sense, its a symbol of protection.  While my mother worked and traveled the world, she became so enamored of them that she purchased them as charms for all of us, and also this decoration which hung in her kitchen for over 20 years.
One of them, double sided and framed in gold, hangs on my charm necklace.  
And I have one in silver on a charm bracelet.  Another that I got at a wine tasting featuring Turkish food is on my front door.  I'm not particularly superstitious, but I could use all the good juju I can get!

Monday - kitchen closed
Tuesday - Mexican Style Cobb Salad {doctor's appointment}
Wednesday - Shrimp Quesadillas {buy groceries}
Thursday - Beef Broccoli Lo Mein (save 1/2 for a weekend meal) {payday}
Friday -  take-out (save 1/2 for a weekend meal) {meet with Dietician}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed


Gina

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love that she bought you all one through her travels!