Friday, July 12, 2024

Little project - chair feet

Summer is a good time for the little projects.
One morning as I was sitting out on my deck, I noticed that the  chairs did not glide across the wood like they should.  Truth be told, this has been happening a long time - these chairs were purchased in 1988.  But until I started sitting out here, I forgot all about it.
Some of them were completely missing the plastic cap and were leaving rust rings on the wood.
Some were split.  These plastic caps acts as chair glides.  They are easily replaced, I don't know why I haven't done that sooner.
Pop the old ones out with needle nose pliers, pop the new ones in and give them a tap with a small mallet.
I gave the set a quick wipe down and was done.
My deck is not fancy - just a simple place to sit and I love being out here.
Next up was a folding step stool I have had a little longer than those patio chairs!  I have replaced the feet on these at least once before.  The whole step stool has been splattered with paint over the years and has seen some stuff, man.
Getting off the old feet involved a cheapie steak knife and some muscle.
These are a very tight fit!
It also got a wipe down and I keep it in the house now.  (note to self - stop using this outside in the dirt) This step stool has been my Mrs. Fix-It buddy for years.
Lastly, when I replaced the sliders on the living room furniture in March, I thought I might buy more felt pads to cushion the dining chairs.  Then on Amazon, I happened upon these clear silicone ones with a built in felt pad.  Super stretchy and adjustable!
It was like putting socks on the chair feet and now the chairs glide like buttah and are so much quieter.
You don't even notice them down there, which is perfect.
These little projects make me feel productive during the summer when its too hot to do much!


Gina

4 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I always look forward to your Friday posts. Those small chores, once completed, are so satisfying, aren’t they? I think because they are small we often tend to let them go instead of stopping what we’re doing and correcting them at the moment. You did a great job, that stepstool is really cute. I would love to have something that attractive rather than the utilitarian one that I have that I keep in the garage. Have a great weekend, Gina!

Joanne said...

That is good to know about those plastic/felt chair feet pads. Our chairs are so loud on the tile floors.

Kim said...

Tiny projects are my favorite. They're usually inexpensive and quick to complete, but they make a really big difference...even if we're the only ones who notice!

LaNell said...

I bought the same clear ones for my dining table. Love them!