Friday, July 26, 2024

5 thing Friday - peaches, Thelma, fix-its, eating at home, walking

I have been absolutely loving me some peaches! 
I'm not sure if I have ever tried the white ones, but I love yellow peaches (and nectarines)  in the summer.  Add a small sprinkling of Tajin and OMG so good.  I would like to think of this as a healthy snack, even with the added salt and chile powder.  
On Tuesday, I took myself to a movie.  I think Mark would have approved.
Parts of it made me teary eyed, but mostly it made me cackle out loud.  I was 100% OK with being one of 5 people in the theatre, enjoying my medium size popcorn - I normally order a BUCKET.  Baby steps.  I should take in a movie more often!
I was putting up towels in the guest bathroom, then one thing led to another and I was doing a quick clean on the potty, noticing it didn't flush easily.  A small adjustment to the chain was all it needed.  In comes Scout telling me that one day last week the handle completely broke and he replaced it.
!
He didn't want me to stress out, so he just took care of it, he said.  I really didn't know what to think.  Scout and I are learning how to fix these small things, even without the guiding hand of Dad.
Yesterday I had my mind set on Chuy's, then thought, meh, I could just cook something I already have at home.  $20 vs. about $4, so I came out ahead of the game and still had a great meal.  Chicken and rice with avocado and green onions, topped with a bit of shredded cheddar was enjoyed.  With a fresh peach for dessert.
I'm committed to walking, even tho I begrudgingly go.  I always feel better when I get back after 30 minutes.  I've been walking four times a week, except when I'm off on Monday, then its 5 times.  I've noticed that I have more stamina and am fully heat acclimated, so I can go later in the morning if I need to.  Proof that some habits are harder to start than maintain, no?


Gina

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Lots of great victories this week! That peach looks yummy. I've been eating more of them this past week and am waiting anxiously for peach picking season at our local orchard.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I am crazy about peaches as well. They are really pricey in the stores this season, even the local ones. I was shocked when I picked up a bag of peaches and it was $10! Still, they are hard to resist.

I admire your walking as much as you do. I should do that as well, I just can’t make myself

Kim said...

The movie looks interesting and it's playing in our area. Might have to check it out this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous said...

So Chuy's has been sold and will soon be under the same umbrella as the Company that owns Olive Garden. While I applaud your frugality to do your own Chuy's at home, you might want to visit soon b/c you know once they are owned by a large corporate there will be changes to the menu (and probably how things taste).