Monday, July 22, 2024

Monday Menus #81

 On rainy days, I still sit outside, just under the patio. Thunder and the sound of the rain, plus a lit citronella candle, adds to the ambience.
Today I took a mental health day off since tomorrow makes three years since Mark has been gone.  Fittingly, its supposed to rain well into Wednesday.  I will definitely have to find some things to do indoors to keep from going stir crazy with the sads!

Monday - Taco Rice (two meals of taco meat, brown rice, corn, black beans, purple onion, cheese)
Tuesday - BBQ Chicken Quesadillas, salad {might take myself to a movie}
Wednesday - Salmon, sweet potato 
Thursday - Leftovers from Monday {dentist appt}
Friday - Takeout, and save half for a weekend meal {groceries, clean carpets, payday}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed


Gina

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Your menu for the week sounds delicious.

wolfek said...

Sending good vibes your way this week.

Joni said...

So smart to take the day and have no pressures to perform at emotionally hard moments. My 3 yr anniversary was in May, seven yrs July and one more coming up in November. I can't say it gets better, just different. This year I find myself being thankful for all that we did/accomplished.
My gratitude lists are easier to write (daily journal) and big decisions are getting much easier.
You live in a thunder/lightning world. I do not, it is rare and last Sunday at 6:00 am we had a thunder boomer that actually shattered light fixtures in my home! I was jumpy the rest of the day!
Do something nice for yourself. You deserve a big dose of pampering.

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get through this week without getting too sad. I’m an expert at repressing and avoiding emotions, and it takes a toll on the mind and the body. I agree with the comment that you should do something for yourself this week. Take care!
Susan