Monday, July 26, 2021

Not the Empty Nest Menu #100


I amended this post after it published, so my apologies for that.
******
I lost Mark on Friday.  This was the last view of Highlands he saw last weekend as we were leaving.  I stopped and took a photo as were headed out, for some reason.  It just looked so beautiful.  Of course I had no idea it was the last time we'd be there together.  He loved Highlands so much and I thought we had more time together, and that we would build a retirement life there.
He and my children are my world.  And now he is not here and right now I don't know how I will bear it.  So I don't know when I will post here again.


Gina

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Of course we do not know each other, but I've loved reading your blog. I feel as if we are somehow friends, and I'm praying for God to give you the strength you need right now as you grieve the shocking loss of your husband and all the special plans you had for your future together. May you and your children find peace and comfort together through this season of mourning.

Lisa B said...

I am sorry for your loss. May you find your peace again somehow.

Dawn P. said...

Gina, I am so very sorry for your loss; I popped on your blog today because I realized I hadn't seen a post for a while from you and I completely missed this 7/26 post until today. I am shocked for you and your family on the sudden shocking loss of your husband. My deepest condolences to you and I pray for comfort for you and your family at this sad time as you grieve together.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I have been a widow now for five years. I was widowed in my 50s, so relatively young. It’s difficult. My thoughts are with you.

Kelly said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Gina. May God comfort you and give you the grace for each new day.