Friday, July 16, 2021

5 thing Friday - chocolate, tumbler, Fall flowers, lunch, junk drawer

One day last week I had such a craving for chocolate - cookies, candy, or whatever.  We rarely have dessert now.
I NEEDED IT. 
In a bowl, I microwaved some semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips with a tablespoon of almond butter.  I crushed in low salt kettle chips (oh yes I did) and made clusters.  They were so good.
Will do this again, 10/10.
My favorite Tervis tumbler from a work friend finally bit the dust.  When water gets between the layers, it gets super funky.  The top was also chipped.  I rely on my water all day at work!  I will take another one from home, but I need to put my name on it like I did here with fabric paint.
Wal-Mart has fall flowers and picks!
I wonder how this fall/holiday season will look like for us?
Time to start thinking about it.
Lunch at my mother's house last Saturday involved rotisserie chicken, Stouffer's mac and cheese, and fresh tomatoes with creamy Italian dressing.  It was such a good lunch and we had a nice visit.
It has been a blessing to have my mother in my life as long as I have.
When I take a few minutes to tidy up my kitchen junk drawer, it always makes me feel so productive.  Now if we could just get a handle on the garage...


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I was just scrolling through, spotted this, and had to jot everything down. The addition of kettle chips is genius! I have been trying to cut a lot of sugar out of my diet, but occasionally I get such a craving for something chocolate and delicious. I’m going to keep this in mind.