Friday, July 9, 2021

5 thing Friday - earring, vacation, family, Culver's, dinner

This third earring hole that I got years ago is bothering me.  I mean its all healed, and it will be fine for weeks, then start hurting randomly.  I change the earring, I change the backing, I even leave the earring out.  I think its all better, then I put an earring in again and  before long, it starts up hurting.
I bought an endless hoop for it off Etsy, wore it for a week, then accidentally combed it out of my ear.  The hole seems to want to stay - it hasn't closed up.  Should I keep it, or call it quits?  I see people my age with extra earrings all the time.  But this is a hassle.
I'm trying to convince Hubby that we need to take Darby to the coast.  I am in desperate need of a VACATION. Even just a day to sit on the beach.  ONE day.
Whenever we hang out with my sister and her hubby, we have a nice time.  I never think to get a decent pic, though.  We saw them for burgers on July 4th and spent lots of time visiting.  I know my hubby loves that as he really misses having extended family to spend holidays with.  Next year I would love to host a BBQ at Highlands.
An evening run to Culver's for a concrete is not on our list of healthy things to eat and I don't care.  We only do it about once every couple of weeks.  Ice cream is good for the psyche.
But so are brussels sprouts with carrots - add a tablespoon of bacon grease.  Yum, yum.
That same night I made enchiladas, which I was supposed to do on stovetop but ended up heating up the oven instead.  I invited The Girl and she declined.  Her loss, my gain the next day for lunch!


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have a piercing like that. I only had two in each ear. One of the seconds closed up years ago, despite my best efforts. So now I have three holes, two in one and one in the other, and that third one sounds like yours. It doesn't want to stay happy. I figure at this point I'm just going to let it go. Good luck with yours!