Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Swimming in mud with my boots on

Hello from the other side.
Its been 19 days.
Time has both been standing still and zooming forward.  I have a million things to do and to think about during the worst time in my family's life.  I'm both worried about my children and their limited life experience in dealing with the tragedy of losing a parent in the midst of a worsening pandemic, and myself in my limited ability to cope with grief and overwhelm while keeping my life together.
I have hours of forward movement where I feel capable and strong, no crying.  They are followed by hours of flashbacks and debilitating sadness. 
What I want to do is crawl onto the couch and stare at a wall, but what I am in fact doing is learning to drive the truck, trying to tie up some financial affairs, plan a memorial, and get ready to return to work.
Its like swimming in mud.  With boots on.
If you are reading this, please send me a prayer or two.


Gina

6 comments:

Dawn P. said...

You are ALL 100% in my prayers at this sad time. You and all of your family.

Kathy said...

I'm reading and praying for you. I think of you often and say a little prayer for strength and comfort each time.

cskies1 said...

Prayers for you ... so sorry for your loss!

Kristen said...

Gina, I am so, so very sorry to hear this news. So much love to you and your kids.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Gina, you are doing marvelously well. You are going to have a good days, and bad days, and horrible days. But the fact that you are learning to drive the truck, says everything. It speaks of hope, and purpose, and strength. You have my prayers, but you don’t need them, you are doing well enough on your own. Continued love and support coming your way.

Hawaii Planner said...

I'm so, so very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you & your family lots of hugs & positive thoughts, as you deal with this challenging time.