Monday, August 14, 2023

Monday menus #32

 On the way home from seeing my mother, I stopped in Elgin for lunch at this well-known place.  Now I'm a fan of their sausage, I will say that.
But this chopped BBQ chicken sammie, altho delish looking, was so dry and so unwieldy that I eventually gave up and ate the filling with a fork, dunking the pieces in some not-great BBQ sauce, and tossing that dry bun.
The potato salad was "ok".  Next time I will stick to the sausage!

Monday - kitchen closed  - cereal
Tuesday - Pork Chops, green beans and new potatoes {catch up day}
Wednesday - Dr. Martin's Mix {on call}
Thursday - Taco Salads (taco meat, romaine, tomato, avocado, purple onion) with Ranch dressing {will go see my mom*}
Friday - Tilapia, mac and cheese, yellow squash
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed, cereal and milk!


Gina

*a story for another blog...

No comments: