Monday, August 7, 2023

Monday menus #31

I keep having to toss Scout's blackened bananas - he has the best of intentions to make banana bread, but then he doesn't, and goes to buy more bananas! 
So I took a couple of them to make muffins as I don't really want him to have the oven on for the hour it takes to make banana bread anyway!
This is a simple recipe using mayo instead of eggs and oil.  I always add mini chocolate chips to mine, then split them and melt a little butter on them while still warm.  They are so moist and not too sweet. YUM.  I used to make them a lot when my kids were little.
{scroll down for the recipe}

Monday - kitchen closed
Tuesday - Crockpot Pulled Pork on buns, pickles and onions, whatever chips I have, cantaloupe
Wednesday - Meatballs and Ziti, salad (romaine, tomato, bell pepper) {on call}
Thursday - Chicken Quesadillas, broccoli salad
Friday - BBQ Lime Shrimp, rice, zucchini {payday}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed (but I'm going to get a foccacia pizza and some HEB deli soup to split for both nights' meals)

Banana Muffins
2 mashed bananas
3/4 cup mayo (not salad dressing)
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3/4 cup milk
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
mini chocolate chips or chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a 12 muffin tin. Mix the wet ingredients well.  Mix dry ingredients; add to wet.  Stir gently until just combined.  Stir in nuts or chips.  Scoop into muffin pan.  Bake for 19 minutes.


Gina

1 comment:

Joni said...

Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it. I peel and freeze the bananers to collect enough for a recipe (my banana cake takes 6 large).
I do not live in Texas and the triple digit temps you have to endure is just short of atrocious. I have family in Houston and they place their toaster oven on the back patio to bake during hot spells. I have started doing this, too, even though our temps are closer to 90. Go ahead, scream at the computer. Ha!