Friday, August 4, 2023

5 Ingredient Chicken Drums

 I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but its such a good one.  So easy to throw in the crockpot first thing in the morning and so good with mashed 
potatoes or rice.

5 Ingredient Chicken Drums
3 lbs. chicken drums (you can remove the skin if you want)
Montreal Chicken Seasoning
1 c. jam or preserves
1/2 c. ketchup
1/3 c. soy sauce
2 t. minced garlic

Place Chicken drums in the crock and sprinkle the seasoning all over them.  Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the drums.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.

This particular time I served it with kale salad also.  I trimmed and chopped some kale, then made a dressing with lemon juice, olive oil, S&P, and a teaspoon or so of sugar.  I massaged the dressing into the kale and added chopped apples, craisins, and almonds.  Then chilled it for several hours.
Perfect summer supper!


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

Mmm. I've never thought of putting jam on my chicken but that sounds delicious!