Friday, March 31, 2023

5 thing Friday - cactus, truck, Easter, dinner, clutter

Signs of spring everywhere, including my baby cactus from Highlands: 
This weekend I hope to move the ficus tree back outside, trim the skinny trees next to the garage doors, add a couple of new lantana and some mulch to the area by the mailbox, and weed and feed the grass.  I also would like to go to Highlands and harvest that barrel cactus I saw blooming a couple of springs ago!
The truck hit 100K this week and I didn't notice until I was on my way to work.  Still going strong!  I'm glad I didn't sell it yet - its been a blessing to let Scout borrow my car until he buys one.  I'm thinking of getting one of those portable upholstery cleaners, though.  I told my sister that the truck smelled like a camel's rear, to which she asked how do you know how THAT smells?  It smells like the truck, I said!
I bought the last cute bunny wreath they had at Dollar Tree and some plastic eucalyptus and made a bow from burlap I already had.  I thought I knew what Easter was going to look like this year, but now its up in the air.  I will probably cook a lunch for Scout, Bubbie, and myself.  Maybe a pork roast!
Polenta Lasagna!
I was pretty tired when I got home from work that day, but I was so happy to sit with my feet up in front of a plate of warm, cheesy polenta, Italian Sausage, mushrooms, and marinara.  The leftovers will be a great lunch in future.
I managed to give away all of the coolers and these two very musty old quilts on the Buy Nothing page.  No one wanted the footbath, but I will try again.  Its been very satisfying to clear my home's spaces of things that I no longer want to store or work around.  Little by little, I am conquering the clutter of my home, and bulky trash pick up is in two weeks, so my garage will be emptier, too!
Happy end of March,


Gina

No comments: