Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Big project: sprinkler system

Well, as per what was the usual, I let what I knew to be outvoted by what someone told me.
  Isn't my shaded dirt pretty?

That is, that I was obsessing over the landscaping and "dormant" grass.  Now, I'm not writing this to complain about Mark and his shift in priorities.  I mean he wasn't wrong, I talked about it often.  But I am here to say that my shift to taking care of Camp Rustown is in full swing.  And I am starting with the outside.
There's just no reason not to take care of a place where I enjoy living.  Now that the trees are trimmed back, the grass and landscaping can thrive.  And to that end I had the sprinkler repair guy come out and replace a lot of the sprinkler heads, cap some off,  and re-route a pipe in the front yard.
Did it create a giant mess? Yes, there is a big mess to clean up now.
And some replanting to do...
But I can envision having grass and healthy landscaping once again and I think the curb appeal of my house is about to be greatly improved.
Please note that a lot of raking and mulching and such cannot even be done until after the oaks have finished dropping their pollen buds!  But just after one year of hand watering it and spreading grass seed and getting the trees trimmed up, I have some grass and I feel hopeful!

Even the backyard will bounce back.
So I sit in my chair and lay my plans...and cross one more big project off the list.


Gina 

No comments: