Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Somewhere to read

I've been having trouble getting quality sleep lately.  I either wake up multiple times, or I have weird dreams, or I can't fall asleep easily, and I struggle to get up when the Google Lady says its time.  So I did a little research and came up with a plan to help that situation.  And along the way, created another small project for myself...
my new place to read

So, here is what I'm doing to help remedy the sleep situation:
*set up my aromatherapy vaporizer
*removed the battery operated candle and the nightlite in the bedroom (making it darker)
*aim for dinner by 7 p.m.
*set a reminder with Google Lady for 9 p.m. - time to start gearing down
*meditate and read before bed
*lights out at 10 p.m.
*eat lunch either outside or near a window to increase sunlight time during the day
*no more than one beer or glass of wine or drink per day, any day
******

The article I read specifically mentioned not reading IN bed.  If you're having trouble sleeping, leave bed for sleep, not reading.  I can see why this will make getting in bed a trigger for sleep.  But I really had no other great place to read that wasn't actually in the bedroom, so I created a reading spot for myself on the den couch.  I never sit on the den couch, even to watch TV...so it is the perfect place.  I set a lamp on top of the wine fridge, pulled the ottoman up to the couch, and readied my books.  I also am updating my library account so I can reserve books I actually want to read, instead of just going with whatever I find when I visit.  Aaand, I have books and magazines scattered around the house.  So there's no end of things here already.  Wish me luck!  Good sleep is highly underrated.


Gina

No comments: