Friday, April 1, 2022

5 thing Friday - orchid, purse, bouquet, downtime, a new Cannary

 I bought a tiny orchid for the kitchen table and all of its buds have bloomed.
Its just cute!
I found this sweet woven tote with leather handles at Goodwill for $5.49.  Its a "perfect size-perfect color-just my style" purse for summer.
One of The Girl's friends sent this bouquet and a kind note the day before the memorial.  Very sweet, made me cry...we got very few flowers or sympathy cards overall when Mark died.  Do people not do that anymore?  That's sad and strange.  I cannot imagine not acknowledging someone losing their husband and father. 
The evening of the memorial, I came home, cut Firstborn's hair, putseyed around the house a bit, took a nice long fizzy bath, did a face masque, and laid in bed with my wine, intending to watch a movie.  I ended up crashing at 9 p.m. and sleeping 10 hours.  That never happens!
A coffee date with these two - sharing that they got MARRIED.
The time was right, they were tired of waiting, and good for them, jumping head first into the future together.  No one was surprised that they did it, just surprised it took so long.
Congratulations, Scout and Dutch!  We love you both!


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

I think it's odd, too, about the flowers and cards. I think people send a text or comment on social media now in place of those tangibles. When my mom passed a few years ago, I got more cards or tokens of remembrance from my blogger friends, many of whom I've never met in real life, than I did from people close to me. And congrats on the marriage!!

Lynda W said...

Love the delicate little Orchid. When I want to treat myself I always go to flowers.