Friday, April 29, 2022

5 thing Friday - spearmint, pink sandals, Chinese cuisine, hot cocoa, moving things

The Girl has become quite the green thumb, growing all sorts of things on her patio.  She's got me growing an avocado tree like hers, too.
She rooted this cutting of her spearmint plant which is so pretty!  Hers trails over the sides of the pot and smell amazing.  Hopefully, mine will, too.
You wouldn't remember these sandals.  I bought them TEN years ago and I loved them so.  They disintegrated right out from under me last Saturday as I was shopping!  At first I thought, oh I can glue them, then I thought, no I'll just take them to the shoe repair guy.
what tha??!
It just got worse as I walked the aisles and when I got to the car I could see a cavern with missing bits of styro and glue.  So into the dumpster they went.  Now I need a new pair of hot pink sandals I guess.
Trying my hand at crab rangoon!  Mine look like little envelopes but were so delish served with leftover chili marmalade and some Orange Chicken with baby broccoli over rice.
Little by little I am going through what I own and deciding if I really love it anymore and I do not love or want this chair.  Mark had it before we were even dating, in his college apartment.  Then The Girl had it in her room at her desk.  I was moving it all over the house because he wouldn't let me get rid of it.  And I had switched out it's canvas a couple of times. But The Girl came and claimed it so now its new home is her apartment.  Buh, Bye.
Treat for my reading space:  sugar free cocoa and a few Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips.  Guilt free and so delicious while I read.  I make mine with evaporated milk and water.  Its so rich and creamy that it cures the dessert cravings.
Enjoy this absolute mess of a sewing room.  It looks dark, but that's because I hadn't yet changed out the lamp bulbs and it was overcast outside.  Plus, its a craptastic photo but what is new.
All clean!  I moved this floor lamp in from the bedroom since I wasn't really using it there and I need more light in here.  Zero dollars spent.
I have always wanted a chaise.  But there's no way I can spend money on that right now.  What if I  push these two bedroom chairs together...voila! Instant chaise.  A place to watch Netflix and chill.  Love it.  I did spend $24 on two new lampshades for this room.  And I am very happy with them as they are a creamy white instead of the oatmeal colored ones that were in here.  So it looks lighter, even without the floor lamp.
You move one lamp, you move another...
This one, previously at my desk,  got an updated shade with burlap, and now its my new reading lamp.  I think it compliments the style of the den.  Again, zero dollars for a "new" lampshade.  I replaced all of the "smart bulbs" around the house with regular bulbs that I already had.
It's the little things...


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie said...

I find moving things around to be very therapeutic. It makes it feel as though you have something new when you haven’t spent any money. Pushing two chairs together to make a chaise is genius! Clever you! You’re coming along nicely. Sorry about your pink sandals. I know what it’s like to be attached to a wonderful and comfy pair of shoes only to have them fall apart.