Friday, February 26, 2021

5 thing {late} Friday - cooking, humidifier, cereal, cactus, eczema

 Not all of my cooking efforts are loved by my family.
But Hubby and I like just about the same things.  For instance, we both think that cheesy grits, topped with scrambled eggs and bacon, pumpkin bread on the side, is pretty wonderful.  Firstborn said the mashed potatoes were "gritty".  Eyeroll.
In desperation, I tried making a DIY humidifier by setting a water-filled crock pot on high and adding essential oils.  Didn't work as well as just simmering it on the stove.  Good to know.
Its my habit to combine cereals when we get down to the last few dregs in a box.  That way, it doesn't go to waste.  Sometimes, Hubby is none the wiser.  Like when I add a non-sweet cereal into the sweet stuff.  Can't hurt him.
My cacti on the back patio weathered the crazy winter storm just fine.  All of the other plants got taken inside and that's where they will stay until the end of March, I guess.  That little blue stone is a glow in the dark pebble.  I need to order a bag of them for Highlands.
I am struggling with eczema this week so I have my plan of attack all lined up on my bathroom counter.  Wish me luck, because this crap is terrible!  I have some large patches that are purple-y red.  I give it until Monday then its to my doctor I go.


Gina

No comments: