Friday, February 12, 2021

5 thing Friday - a sign of spring, work, crafting, wreath, haircut

 Baby bluebonnets at Highlands:
Spring cannot be that far away, right?  I hope this weekend's weather doesn't kill them all!  It's supposed to be in the teens here.
Work has been very challenging lately.  And really, I feel like I have been saying that phrase for months.  What a sucky time to work in healthcare.
I'm pretty much living for the weekends, trying to stay sane.
I'm taking down all of the winter looking greenery and pinecones and such this weekend and adding a few things that look fresh.  Here is my inspiration:  creamy white containers with greenery and natural twine.  I think it will cost me less than $10 as well.
I made a very inexpensive wreath for Highlands.  That wooden bird was a found object, the burlap is from my stash, the wreath was $1, and the plastic eucalyptus was $3. I hope the birds will leave it alone!
I still hate this haircut.  Month one of growing it out.
Well-meaning people who tell me it looks great?  Consider the feelings of the person actually wearing the hair!


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I think you look darling in that haircut. Take it from someone who has been bald on three separate occasions, any hair is better than no hair. I do understand your feelings about it though. That's where I am right now with mine. I had a hair appointment on Wednesday and then awakened to a dead battery so need to reschedule. With temps dropping below zero, I think I might wait a week or so and, in the meantime, will look horrible.

I love those cream plant pots and jute ties. Like you, I am getting out different dishes and accessories to freshen things up. At the moment, though, I am hauling my frozen food from the freezer out onto the deck where it will be colder than had it stayed in the freezer. I am taking advantage of the weather and defrosting the freezer! I am so excited, which says everything about my age. ;-)