Friday, February 5, 2021

Five thing Friday - thankful edition

 I felt super productive Wednesday and yes, I did have a To Do list....why do you ask?...Its probably time to list some things I am thankful for as well!
I got my tires rotated and balanced, then got groceries, gas, and washed my car.  It was like Spring outside so my newly shaved chick head felt great.  I am thankful for sunny and beautiful days off from work!
We discovered a problem with our heater earlier this week (the fan burned up) and it was under warranty.  However, the labor and diagnostic wasn't cheap.  No sense in stressing, it has to be fixed.   We paid the bill, changed the air filters, and went on living our lives.  I am thankful for that savings account!
My publisher offered up a 1960's tee that was the wrong size for him...I guess I should have asked what size it was when he listed it on Facebook.  Oh. Well.  It made a cute pillow along with some groovy fabric pieces from my stash and some pillow filler.  Cost = zero.
I cut along the sides of the tee, leaving a small rectangle of  the design, so I zig-zagged top stitched a border of said cute fabrics. 
I am thankful for my creativity and sewing machine!
I spent about an hour out in the front yard, raking our dirt (aka dormant grass) and filled four garden bags.  Pound for pound, I am a healthy and strong 60 year old, and can work as hard physically as Hubby!  I get a crap ton done every day.  I am thankful for my strength in body and spirit.
My ficus tree loves the kitchen and probably never wants to leave this spot, but Spring will be here and it will go back outside to live.  This kitchen probably needs updating, but when I sit here in the mornings sipping my coffee and getting ready for the day, I feel relaxed and happy.  We have been so fortunate to live here and I know I will miss this house someday.  But for now, I am thankful to have a clean and pretty space to call home!
Have a great weekend,


Gina

Shared with Marti at Inspire Me Tuesday

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Wow! You are one ambitious woman. I love the fabric and outcome. Do you now that I bought a sewing machine for myself a year ago this March and have never used it. I have a serious sewing machine phobia. I enjoyed this Five Thing Friday post.