Friday, February 19, 2021

The end of house arrest is near!

 I wish I could say that I used my time wisely this week, while trapped inside of my house all of these days.  But aside from cooking up all of our food, washing dish load after dish load, doing chores, stitching, and surfing the internet, I come up empty-handed.  Oh. Well.
Instead, there is MUCH to be grateful for during these stressful times:
*Firstborn and LA were here safely with us, warm and fed.
*The Girl is safe in Houston with power and plenty of food and bottled water.
*Scout and Dutch are also safe, have electricity and water, the kitties are fine, and they are keeping each other sane.
*Bubbie managed to get some things from HEB and has had water and electricity intermittently.  No internet, but he does have phone service.
*We did not one time lose heat or water.  I don't even know how that is possible.  Time will tell if we have a broken pipe, and we don't know the condition of things at Highlands, but I am marking us as safe.  I can only imagine how craptastic it has been for MILLIONS of Texans.  We are out of food, drank most of our wine, and are a little stir crazy.  But things can only improve after today.  And hopefully, I can go to work today...


Gina

1 comment:

decorateandmorewithtip.com said...

This time of our lives can be stressful, weather is cold and damp and things seem dreary. I love your post on how we should look at the blessings we have instead of all the negatives surrounding us. Great post!