Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Still with me

 The snow is gone.  Our houseguests are back in their own home.  My house is clean - sheets, floors, bathrooms, you name it. And I think all of my peeps are doing better this week than last.
And after many days of making our way through most of the food in the house, I was finally able to get groceries!  You wouldn't know it from the empty spaces in the fridge, but trust me, it was much, much emptier.  It gave me the excuse to wipe it down thoroughly, too.
I got very creative with meals - I had a Plan A and a Plan B this week, just in case I didn't get the shopping done.  I can tell you right now that Stewed Cabbage and Carrots with Ham did not get my Hubby's full endorsement. {but I LOVED it}  
We wasted no food.
I'm only feeding two people, and we have plenty.
******
Its not lost on me that any of my complaints about last week are lame.  So I won't complain.  We were warm, had water, kept our jobs, fed ourselves just fine.  And though it still feels like a little of that bad ju-ju is still with me, I am moving on and looking forward to a couple of projects this spring.  It feels good to look forward to something, after all!  And overall, I am very grateful.
But, anyone else still feeling the effects of last week?  That was rough.


Gina

No comments: