Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wednesday Menus #2 on the right foot

I spent some much needed time last week taking down all of the Christmas and cleaning everything half to death.  I left out a lot of winter decor - pine cones and such.  But all of the red went AWAY, back into storage bins that I purged while I was at it.  So now, it is all happily back in neat bins at the top of my closet.  Hooray!
 
While I was in Wally World buying groceries, I spied some faux mistletoe, which I knew would be great for these little mini vases in the bedroom. They have a tiny bit of sparkle on them, and with a little moss in the vases, they add a pretty touch to the shelves. Twenty-four cents each - SOLD.
******

Wednesday - Slow cooker chicken tacos, rice, charro beans
Thursday - Brown Sugar Italian Chops , sweet potatoes, salad*
Friday - Scalloped Potatoes with Ham, kale
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Mom figures it out
Monday - Amish Country Casserole, salad*
Tuesday - Party Roast Beef Sandwiches, fries*
Dessert this week is some kind of vanilla cake with fudge frosting a la BJ at Sweet Nothings
*I get a lot of good dinner ideas from Stephanie at Plain Chicken!
******
 
The den was the room I spent the most time on, but pretty much everything in the front half of the house got a thorough cleaning.  The floors, the cushions - all surfaces.  The house smelled fresh and clean and by the end of the day there was a nice dinner going. That's what I love about January - it gets us on the right foot for the new year!



1 comment:

bj said...

ahhhhh HA...hope you love that cake...:) and thanks for the shout out...you rock, sister friend.
Now, you have me in the mood to clean MY great room today...