Saturday, December 3, 2011

K.I.S.S.ing the mantle

Last year I purged a LOT of stuff from our holiday decor so that this year I could 
Keep It Simple, Sweetie (KISS).
I love the simple shapes of Christmas trees, pine cones, and berries.  I bought just one thing this year - the wicker tree in the background - LOVE IT.  At 50% off at Hob Lob, it was destined for my home.
 I added from my pine cone stash...some I collected with the kids...
...and some glittery ones I found at Wally World last year.
 Added a sweet ceramic tea light votive tree from my sister,
and a couple of glazed green ones from Hob Lob a couple years ago. 
I love the color and the swirly pattern.
 Some sprays of berries and some greenery - I have a lot of these in my stash that I use every year.
 I have re-arranged the pine cones a bit, but I am DONE.
 Simple and sparkly with a little red here and there.
(KISS!)



Shared with:



2 comments:

Marie said...

Love the trees on the mantle! Simple and beautiful
: )
The children's art is precious <3

bungalow54 said...

Looks gorgeous and happy holidays to you! Thanks for stopping by my blog!