Monday, December 5, 2011

Cleaning out the freezer

It's Monday - which means at my house there is a ton of laundry to do and we need groceries.  I'm pretty good about menu planning and cooking so we have plenty of good things to eat!  But sometimes I find myself staring into a full freezer on Sunday wondering why I made a grocery list for Monday.  Then, I toss that list and make a new one - one that takes into account the food we already have!  
We need to economize this month anyway...
Rooting around in my freezer I found a package of turkey dogs, some leftover chili, and some pre-cut bell pepper.  I'm going to add pork and beans and some tomatoes which are getting soft - both items I already have.  My new creation shall be called Chili Dog Beanie Weinie.  I think we will have a salad with it and some Blueberry Streusel Cake for dessert. I'm sure the menfolk will eat it up.
 ******
Cleaning out my freezer and pantry before I go grocery shopping - it's like getting something for nothing...(:





2 comments:

Marie said...

It's good to go shopping in your house first : )
You always have yummy food!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Sometimes I like to see how long I can go without buying anything but milk, produce,and eggs to eat up everything in the house and start over!