Monday, December 19, 2011

Kitchen swag

One of my favorite Christmas spaces in the house!
 The garland swag that hangs in the kitchen window.
 FULL of ornaments the kids have made over the years.  In fact, some of them don't fit, so they get alternated! And at the bottom are the tiny trees they made one Thanksgiving.  I love these!
 There are ornaments here that are irreplacable, so they don't go on the Christmas trees. I think of this as a different shaped tree!  One I can see every day as I'm in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, or helping someone with a homework project. It's true that the kitchen is the heart of the home...
 
A lot of them have school pictures, but some of them have candid shots;  those are the ones we made at home.   It makes the window seat such a happy place!
 It takes me back to when they were all little...
 ...and actually smiled for photos (:
 This is my favorite - made by Firstborn in pre-K.  Everyone needs a macaroni bell!
 Were they ever that little?  Was my hair ever that brown?
 And The Girl's that short?
 Sweet Scout!
 Popsicle tree made by The Girl in Brownies.
 
 Puzzle ornament made by Bubbie in Mothers Day Out.
I love all of them and look forward to seeing this sight every Christmas!
Do you have a spot like this for your kid's Christmas art?



No comments: