Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Beef Nacho Skillet

This recipe is by way of a Kraft recipe that I adjusted mainly so I wouldn't have to use the oven.  It's really tasty - don't leave out the salad dressing - it makes a BIG difference.
Beef Nacho Skillet

1 pound lean ground beef
1 12 oz jar salsa, your choice
1 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. salad dressing
2 T taco seasoning (I make my own)
chopped onion and cilantro to equal about 3/4 c.
2 c crushed tortilla chips
2 c grated cheddar - I used a mix of white and yellow cheddar. 
Brown the ground beef in a tablespoon of butter or olive oil. Stir in the onion and cilantro and cook 3 min.    
Add the frozen corn and taco seasoning, then salsa.  
Turn heat to low and cover the skillet while you grate the cheese. (maybe 5 minutes or so) 
 Stir in the salad dressing.  Then dump the crushed chips in and gently incorporate them. 
Top with the grated cheese and cover the skillet, turning off the heat. 
Let rest 5 minutes then serve.  My peeps like to add sour cream and guacamole on top of theirs, but that's optional!
Mealtime conversation not guaranteed...





No comments: