Friday, May 30, 2014

The Guitar Man

A week ago we went to Scout's guitar concert at the high school.  It was fun to see all of the kids so seriously into making music.  Scout gave up marching band for guitar and he really loves it - and I am happy that he stills plays a musical instrument.  I think doing so helps with focus and memory.  At least that's my theory!
 Here he warms up with a friend (in black shirt) that he's known since middle school,
and one of his best scout buddies.
And the kid on the far right is another high school buddy.  One of the teachers is singing "No Particular Place to Go" by Chuck Berry.  It brought the house down!  They all seemed to be having a good time.
 Here they are playing their first number "Baby Blue" by Badfinger.  Now I can't get that tune out of my head!
 The audience clapped along like it was a rock concert - such fun!
 Can you tell I was super far away with my crappy camera?  Hubby filmed the whole thing, so it's all good!
 His group also played "More than a Feeling" and "Runnin' Down a Dream".  Probably to him, these are super ancient songs.  To me, they're high school and "just before kids"!
 Scout did well on his final exams this week - once we get past Monday and Tuesday of next week, we are commencement-bound, and high school will be but a memory...but playing the guitar will be something he can do for a long time.





No comments: