Sunday, March 18, 2012

The mama that could

I feel like the cat must feel in this picture - everyone leave me alone for a little while so I can relax and recharge...I've got a hard week coming up... worked all weekend, working tomorrow, house is a mess, laundry and post Spring Break food shopping to be done, Brenham on Wednesday to pick up my mother, taking her to eye surgery and follow-up appointment on Thursday, work again Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Blerg.
 I don't want to sound ungrateful or whiny.  After all, I CAN get 'er all done.  And, as a matter of fact, I am looking forward to a girl's evening out on Friday night, seeing Hunger Games with my niece, sister, and some friends.  So I will have something to look forward to....a fun evening and a big bucket o' popcorn!
And this weekend, there was also this cake, from The Country Cook, which was a hit for a co-worker's birthday.  Umm....the frosting was divine.  Worth baking on Saturday night, and a big hit.  And... it wasn't such a bad weekend at work.  Probably the week will turn out just fine.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...



No comments: